How to use coffee pods without a machine?
Nowadays, everything can be done instantly even in making your own coffee. But it’s not all the time that you have to depend it to coffee maker or device. You don’t have to be panic if you’ll find yourself in a situation where you have to brew coffee and there’s no any coffee device around. You can still make your coffee with the help of other kitchen items like strainer, sauce pan, coffee pot or filter and string.
These are some easy ways to adopt on how to use coffee pods without machine:
- The coffee bag. In this method, you can use a filter and a string. You can use any string as long as it is free from any coating that would melt in your coffee while making it.
The first thing to do us to put a little portion of coffee that is good for a cup and pour it into the filter. Then, tightly wrap the strainer using a string leaving its longer part outside the cup. Start heating the water using your pot or kettle to boil. Put your coffee filter bag and gently add water into the cup containing your coffee filter bag. Let your coffee sit for 5 to 6 minutes if you want to make it stronger or if you want a weaker one have it sit for 2 to 3 minutes. After that, you can now remove and your coffee is ready.
- Instant coffee, this is the easiest of all the method where you an instant coffee and a hot water is all you need. First is to heat water in a saucepan, or you may use a microwave or kettle. Put 1 or 2 tablespoon of coffee into an empty mug. Gently add some water into your empty cup which contains your instant coffee granules. You can add your desired amount of sugar and stir the mixture and be ready to drink your coffee.
- The saucepan method involves the use of saucepan. You will pour the water in your saucepan, add coffee to the water and stir to mix. Then, turn the heat to medium-high and keep stirring the solution until it boils after 2 minutes. When it boils, remove the saucepan for the heat, allow your coffee to cool down and your coffee is ready.
- The strainer coffee, where you will be using a strainer with a very small holes that can trap all the coffee grounds. You have to place a right amount of water in a saucepan and have it boiled. Then, add enough coffee to the water in the saucepan. Once it is boiled, remove your saucepan from the heat. Pour your coffee into your empty cup using your strainer.
- The French press method. Prepare your kettle and put the right amount of water and heat it. Put your ground coffee into the French press. Carefully, add water into the French press and pour water directly over the ground coffee to saturate all. You can see a bloom formation on top of the coffee slurry. You can stir the slurry using a chopstick to bring out the bloom further. Plunge the filter down and pour your coffee directly into your cup.
- The Cowboy method, this is considered as the most traditional way of making coffee. It is perfect if you are on an outdoor activity like camping as long as you brought with you a water, source of heat, ground coffee and a pot. All you have to do is to place a right amount of water into the pot. Then, out your pot to heat and add coffee to the boiled water. It should meet your desired coffee either you want something strong or weak. When it’s done, remove the pot from heat and let it sit for a few minutes until all the coffee ground settled at the bottom. Pour the top of your made coffee to your cup-ready and enjoy.
With the above mentioned methods, you can use of what is around you when a coffee maker or device is not available. Those are some tips on how to use coffee pods without a machine. Wherever you go as long as those simple kitchen utensils are present you can still have your own coffee. Thus, it is very important to know some of those basic method to ensure that you can’t miss your daily routine of sipping and smelling your favorite coffee. There’s no need for you to spend some penny at some coffee shop to buy some. And now, we can say that we know what are the alternative ways on making coffee even without the aid of a device. You can also discover your own method or other alternative to still make your own coffee by yourself without any help of a machine.