How To Make A Latte At Home With Instant Coffee?
Modern coffee lovers love to experiment with their coffee and to have a unique taste coffee. Latte is a coffee drink made with espresso along with steamed milk and a layer of milk foam. But before doing so, you must first know the difference between a latte and other coffee drinks. It will help you a lot in preparing drinks with flavors. With this, you could also make a coffee at your comfort at home in simple steps.
There are more people who adopt making coffee at home with instant coffee but it becomes difficult for them due to lack of ideas and other considerations. Those who like to make a latte should get ideas from different sources that meet essential requirements.
So, here are some tips on how to make a latte at home with instant coffee.
Preparing Milk Foam. For a latte, the milk foam is very important as it always helps in transforming like no other coffee experience. In order for you to produce perfect steam and texturing milk, you should need a flick of a whisk, microwave, and lids. There are different types of techniques that are available for milk foam preparation and some of these are the following:
You can heat the milk in a microwave cup for 30 seconds, then put the same into a deep bottom bowl. It is recommended to use a branded electric hand mixer for whisking the milk until getting your desired foam.
Frothing Milk with a Frother
You should heat the milk by using a microwave and then the microfoam milk frother will immerse. So, it is suggested to whisk the same for creating the double volume size of the milk.
This is the tool used for frothing the milk with your desired results. With this, you should heat milk and immerse its blades in milk for doubling the volume.
This is a special type of device used for frothing the milk and is also ideal for making lovely creamy foam for your latte. You should also heat the milk in a separate container, then pour it into your pump frother to get the best results.
These are some of the easy steps on how to make a latte at home with instant coffee.
But before the proper steps, you must prepare the following ingredients first. It includes:
- 2 cups of frothing milk
- 2 cups of hot water
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- ⅓ cup of freshly brewed dark roast espresso coffee
Brew the Espresso
If brewing your espresso, you should use a ready espresso machine. You can pour the same into 4 cups after brewing the same.
Instant Coffee Crystals
When you are using instant coffee crystals, then you should take it in a big mug. You should also add hot water in it and mix it well until the crystals are melted. Make sure to pour them into 4 cups after doing all the processes.
You can also add frothing milk by using a spoon that can hold back the foam. You should also pour the bottom ⅔ of the steamed milk made from a pitcher cup into latte cups. If you like adding some art too on your drink, you can do it with steamed milk. Aside from latte, you can also make an espresso shot.
How to make some art in it?
Hold it right
You should hold your coffee cup or mug right on your one hand and milk pitcher on the other hand. You should tilt your cup slightly at 20 degrees away from your hand. It is also recommended to have the right gear on a pitcher’s hand to create a perfect latte pattern.
Pour milk into the espresso
You can pour your steamed milk into your espresso slowly. But you should do it carefully until your cup is about halfway full. It is also suggested to hold the same an inch above your cup and pour your milk into the center of a cup in a circular motion.
Make heart designs
Yes, you can also create heart designs on your latte with the pitcher of steamed milk. You can start designing after seeing the microfoam of espresso in your espresso. You should keep pouring the foam into the espresso.
Below is an example of how to make a latte at home with instant coffee. These are the ingredients.
Foamed Milk. You have to prepare the following:
20g (¼ cup) milk powder
150ml (6 fl oz) hot but not boiling water
½ tbsp instant coffee of your choice
1-2 tsp sugar if you want
100ml boiling water or hot water
Here are the steps:
- Prepare at least 250ml of water and boil it in the kettle. If your kettle allows you to adjust the temperature, you can set it to around 90-95 degrees Celcius and measure out hot water into small jugs.
- Add your milk powder to a large jug and slowly pour in 150ml (6 fl oz) hot water into the milk powder, then stir it to make sure there’s no lumps formation. Use a milk foamer to foam the milk by adding the wand in the milk at around 30-40 degree angle. If you foam the top before submerging, it will usually take you 1-2 minutes to get rid of any large air bubbles. But if you don’t have milk foamer, you can use hand or electric whisk or add your milk powder and water into a large jar and constantly shake for 30 seconds to 1-minute.
- Pour the foamed milk into an extra-large mug. You will have a little foam in the jug after doing so and reserve the foam until later.
- In your jug with 100ml water, add your instant coffee of choice and sugar and stir it well to dissolve. Then, carefully, pour your coffee mixture into the extra-large mug.
- Then, top with the reserved milk foam and sprinkle some instant chocolate over the foamed milk if you want.
- Serve and enjoy drinking.
If you don’t like milk powder or you don’t have any you can use the hot water on the foamed milk for regular milk and don’t use the milk powder. But if you are using the regular milk, it’s good to foam it while still cold from the fridge as it stabilizes better when foamed before. You can heat it in the microwave until hot for about 30 seconds or depending on your microwave’s powder.