Best Coffee For Sensitive Stomach
Best Coffee For Sensitive StomachCoffee is not always good for our tummies especially for those having sensitive stomachs. It helps your bowels move due to the caffeine exciting the muscles in your digestive system. When you are drinking multiple cups of coffee you might think that it is the reason of hard digestion due to its acidity. Coffee is hard on our stomach because it has caffeine and other compounds that trigger your stomach’s production of acid causing digestive issues and stomach pain.
Thus, to counteract this ill effects, you can choose best coffee for sensitive stomach.
- Dark roast. Dark roast has the least acid content. When you roast coffee beans, it produces N-methylpyridinium (NMP), which gives opposite effects of caffeine and other compounds found in coffee. This protects your stomach from producing too much acid. The longer you roast your coffee, the more NMP will have and darker roast have it. So, darker roast produce lesser acid than lighter roast. So, if you are sensitive, darker roast is recommended for you.
- Cold Brew Coffee. This coffee is way better than traditional brewed coffee as it has 67% less acidic making it smoother and easier on your stomach. When making cold brew coffee, the cold water extracts less caffeine causing your stomach to produce more acids.
- Add healthy fats on your coffee. You can add healthy fats such as cream, coconut milk or butter to your coffee to neutralize its acidity. Because in nature, proteins in milks bind to the compounds that cause your stomach to produce more acids. In addition, these healthy fats can provide health benefits such as energy, gut health, maintain blood pressure and vitamins.
These are five acids found in coffee:
- Citric Acid. This is the most common acid taste in coffee as it tastes like lemons. This taste reduces as the level of roast gets darker.
- Malic Acid. This is the same acid as you can taste in apples. It gives coffee the tart flavor which lingers on the tongue.
- Lactic Acid. This is the same acid as in milk that enhances creaminess of the coffee.
- Acetic Acid. This is the main ingredient in vinegar. Though this sounds unpleasant but it give coffee a clean flavor.
Below are the best coffee for sensitive stomach. These will give you the taste and aroma that you desired to have every morning.
This is the best low acid coffee, an Arabica bean from Nicaragua. This is perfect for those coffee drinkers who need low-acid beans but don’t want to compromise the flavor. It has as smooth chocolate richness, dark caramel sweetness and fruity aromas like apple and berries.
It is an Arabica bean from USA. It has less than half of the acidity than other brands. If you’re health conscious this coffee is good for you because it is organic, gluten-free and calorie-free. It is roasted in a slow-roast over a wood of fire. It also offers antioxidants same as a regular coffee does and seven times as many as green tea.
This is completely free from acids, chemicals, toxins and oils. It has a bold flavor but not acidic, taste like nuts and spices but won’t irritate your stomach. If you’re tired of your harsh coffee this coffee is a must try.
This coffee is geared for child-bearing women —as from conception to pregnancy to breastfeeding coffee intake is limited. This is a processed coffee using the water method to prevent harsh chemicals during decaffeination. This is organic and low in acid. The beans are tested and found to have lower acid than commonly found beans.
This is a combination of roasted flaxseeds with roasted Arabica beans to have a flavorful low acid blends. Flax seeds neutralize coffee’s acids and also provides added benefits such as omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Flax can also improve brain function and clearer skin.
Now, you have selected the right bean for you, the best coffee for sensitive stomach. With those list there’s no need for you to worry anymore for you can still enjoy your coffee without having any stomach issues after.